Ohio Bill Would Prohibit Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration and Potential Ban

Bookmark and Share
Posted by

Ohio_Statehouse_columbusThe Buckeye State has joined the ever growing list of states that are willing to stand up to unconstitutional federal infringements on the 2nd Amendment.  Ohio Senator Kris Jordan has introduced a bill that would prohibit firearms seizures, registration and bans in Ohio.

SB 36 was introduced on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 with Senator Tim Schaffer listed as a Cosponsor.  In addition to prohibiting the seizure of any firearm from any person who is lawfully in possession or control of a firearm, the bill also  prohibits forced gun registration and includes first degree felony charges to any law enforcement officer (state or federal) or international agent who attempts to enforce a firearm registration or firearm ban.

“These law abiding Ohioans are not the ones to be scared of, rather it is the politicians who say it is their goal to disarm “Mr. and Mrs. America” that we should fear”, said Senator Jordan in reference to remarks made by US Senator Diane Feinstein in a 1995 interview on 60 Minutes.

SB 36 is expected to receive strong support in the Republican controlled Ohio General Assembly and eventually make its way to the desk of Republican Governor John Kasich.  A signature would certainly be expected at this point given Governor Kasich’s recent comments regarding the 2nd Amendment:

“I’m a Second Amendment supporter and that’s not going to change. There are a range of issues at play here involving mental health, school security and a culture that at times fails to reject the glorification of violence that can desensitize us to the sanctity and majesty of life. Going forward, we need to pay close attention to what the experts conclude from this incident in order to see if there are lessons to be learned and applied here in Ohio”.

The Ohio Tenth Amendment Center is urging all Ohioans to contact their state Representative and Senator as well as Governor Kasich to encourage them to support legislation that protects and preserves the 2nd Amendment.  In addition, we encourage you to contact Senator Jordan to thank him for standing up for the 2nd Amendment.

To keep track of this important bill  join our 2nd Amendment Ohio group on Facebook by clicking  HERE.

Scott Landreth is the Ohio Chapter Coordinator for the Tenth Amendment Center, a national think tank that serves as a forum for the study and exploration of state and individual sovereignty issues, focusing primarily on the decentralization of federal government power as required by the Constitution. Send him e-mail to scott.landreth@tenthamendmentcenter.com.

If you enjoyed this post:
Click Here to Get the Free Tenth Amendment Center Newsletter,

Or make a donation to help keep this site active.

Support the Tenth Amendment Center!

33 Responses to “Ohio Bill Would Prohibit Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration and Potential Ban”

1. Fold the foil sealing iits contents after the contaminated decking has been removed,
    and dispose of as a rgular waste (EPA recommendation). The gasses released by his defective drywall cann
    cause serious damage tto the copper wiring in your home.
    Are they insured with both general liability andd pollution insurance that covers their
    mold work.

my web-site mobile home skirting Tucson [http://www.News10.com/story/26311854/green-energy-solutions-wins-1-spray-foam-insulation-in-Tucson]

2. Having read this I thought it was rather enlightening.

I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this information together.
    I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading and leaving
    comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

Here is my webpage; 30th birthday ideas

3. I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding
    more. Thanks for excellent info I was looking for
    this info for my mission.

4. Jai says:

Smith (ZIM), Richard Howes (Aus), Aldo Schiebler (ITA) and Harry Hopman.
    You really dont want to find out that your fire extinguisher isnt going to work when you
    really need it. It is said that the best time to lure a peacock bass is pre-spawn period.

5. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else could I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal means? I’ve a project that I’m simply now working on, and I’ve been at the look out for such info.

6. lose weight says:

Admiring the hard work you put into your website and in depth information you offer.
    It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same
    out of date rehashed material. Great read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

7. Nigrelli technically died, gave birth, and was brilliantly lighting up the area” It was just all these flashing lights flicking lights, you know, you can see them pretty clearly.

8. [...] Ohio Bill Would Prohibit Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration and Potential Ban – Ohio Tenth Amend…. [...]

9. brad kelley says:

Any action to infringe on or manipulate our constitutional bill of rights should be met with a treason charge , with the same veracity as being a terrorist!! To disarm U.S. citizens and make us volnable to the government , criminal element, and foreign forces is an abomination to what our country stands for!! Our fore fathers knew this and we should NOT waver from there great insight that has made us the greatest country in the world!! God bless all you great patriots for standing up!!

10. Jerry Lee says:

John, “The United States of America” is not any kind of a democracy but a Republic. Now the United States DC is indeed a Military Democracy has been since 1861. Confirmed in the record of Congress June 13 1967,USC Title 12 Section 95 (a) (b). I am an Ohioan Native not a US citizen/resident.

11. John says:

I’m glad to see Ohioan’s standing up for our rights. Most don’t know that this country is not a democracy, but a constitutional democracy, which means that the Constitution is the end-all be all and that anyone moving to change it is in violation of the Constitution and committing treason. Don’t let the used car salesmen talk our less intelligent population into giving up our rights.

12. James says:

Thank God, we have intelligent politicians here in Ohio who support the people & the U.S. Constitution, & Bill of Rights.

Through out history, when populations were disarmed. The results were always the same. Death by gun control, often resulting in “Genocide”.

13. rick says:

I support this 100% !

14. N/a says:

Ooh ya. Nice to see some people to take the right action. Jordan keep up the good work and you will end up in the big seat at the white house. Praise the lord for people doing whats right.

15. Miranda says:

wake up america these are our rights as a “free” country lets keep what our founding fathers gave us.

16. cheryl says:

thank you and please dont give up on our rights

17. derek jones says:

This what all states are going to have to do in order to nullify the Federal Govt.’s overreach. IMO, its a step in the right direction. I think that the Federal Govt. (executive branch..derp) will try to pursue these states who are doing this via supreme court. IMO, the fact is the supreme court will have no authority to make a ruling on the matter. Just my take.

18. [...] banning Ohio Senate bill would affect all gun, ammunition sales and the other I support Ohio Bill Would Prohibit Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration and Potential Ban – Ohio Tenth A… The Buckeye State has joined the ever growing list of states that are willing to stand up to [...]

19. Tony R. Curtis says:

I’ve worked in Law Enforcement and I am a Second Amendment Supporter , I’m Currently Not and have Not been a Criminal but if you come to my Home and Try to Take my Firearms there will be a strong Possibility I may become a Criminal!

20. [...] time for the Buckeye state http://ohio.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/02/13/ohio-bill-would-prohibit-firearm-seizure-forced-regi… googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1360172519908-3'); __________________ "Peace is that brief [...]

21. Warren Twining says:

I support this 100%

22. JUdy says:

YOu have my support all the way. This is definitely a step in the right right direction. Thank you so much for stepping up.

23. [...] degree felony for any law enforcement officer to attempt to enforce a gun ban, according to the Tenth Amendment Center website. The Second Amendment legislation would also prohibit the seizure of any legally owned [...]

24. David White says:

I’m so happy to see this in my state finally! I’d like to personally thank you Senator Jordan and Senator Schaffer in all your hard work and efforts on this. It is a pleasure to call you both fellow Buckeyes, fellow Americans, fellow Patriots, and Friends of the 2nd Amendment. It’s sad that states have to resort to such means to hold our federal government at bay. To keep them from encroaching on our rights and liberties. I’m a firm believer and supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the Militia Act of 1903 that our federal government tends to disregard and forget. There is no First Amendment without the Second. Good luck and God speed to both of you and everyone in Ohio on SB 36! We the people of Ohio have your backs!

25. [...] has joined the states introducing the prohibition of enforcement on any further encroachment of our Second Amendment rights. I am skeptical on how much of this is posturing, and how much is going to be enforced by our state [...]

26. Anonymous says:

[...] sure glad to see this in my state….hope it passes Ohio Bill Would Prohibit Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration and Potential Ban – Ohio Tenth A… [...]

27. Dwight Cimino says:

Thank you Senator Jordan, it is a pleasure to call you a fellow Buckeye, fellow American, and friend of the 2nd amendment.

May God bless,
    Dwight

28. Matthew Martin says:

Ohio Senator Kris Jordan, stood up for Ohio and to Diane Feinstein for our 2nd amendmend rights. Let’s Thank him for SB 36 Ohio 10th amendment.

29. mark hary says:

I will stand with this all the way